We have gotten to that point in the trip where the excitement has worn off and the realization that we still have two weeks of travel sets in. The mental challenges that come with thriving on a 34 foot boat with two others are definitely present as we push forward. So how does one fill up a day? Today’s methods to feign off boredom included:
- A few epic battles of X’s and O’x.
- An hour exchanging heroic stories of pain, fear, amongst other personal triumphs.
- Stuffing our faces with trail mix while discussing that we will probably gain weight this trip instead of losing it.
- Cloud watching. I think offshore sailing is a definite way to get in touch with your inner kid again. Not that I had any troubles with that before.
- And of course our daily push-ups and planks. Any other suggestions for boat workouts? Josh thinks he should tow the boat in the next calm.
Christine’s note: Below is a relative close up of their position relative to Windyty. The variations in colour show the variations in intensity in wind which is making conditions a bit frustrating. Hopefully in a few days we will have them in strong but steady winds once again.