Rad Girls Collective
Co-Founder | May 2014 – March 2016
Worked with Co-Founder to create online community on social media platforms to celebrate, inspire, and empower women to get outside.
Created an international online and local community by using social media and building online content to reduce constraints and barriers associated with women’s participation in outdoor adventure recreation.
- Instagram: @radgirlscollective; 70,000+ followers.
- Website: www.radgirlslife.com; 500+ subscribers.
- Developed relevant blog content and adds to website upkeep using WordPress and HTML.
- Created and implemented new programs to engage and grow community.
- Developed #radgirlslife that has reached over 100,000 tags on Instagram.
- Spearheaded the #wearitoutside bracelet initiative in partnership with MEC and MEC Nation to empower women to get outdoors through the act of giving a friend a bracelet and sharing adventures.
- Produced “Living the Rad Girls Life” Video, which was developed to solidify brand image and to create media buzz.
- Initiated and ran Community Connections Program, connecting like-minded women worldwide
Rocky Point Outdoor Education
Web Assistant and Social Media Specialist
- Created content and ran social media to build brand awareness
- Assisted with web flow and usability
- Worked with director to help with informational needs
Boys and Girls Club Services of Greater Victoria
Keystone Youth Outdoor Leadership Program Leader | September 2014 – May 2015
Facilitated an adventure based learning program that engaged and supports youth
Outdoor Adventure Summer Camp Program Leader | Summer 2014 and 2015
Delivered fun, safe, and exciting outdoor programming
Developed six weeks of interactive programming
Attended to emotional and physical needs of children 5-12 years old
Get Busy Youth Programmer | Spring 2014
Developed eight weeks of physical activity and leadership programming for youth and children
Fostered leadership and positive self-esteem in youth
Oversaw staff and worked closely with supervisor
Busy Customer Service Attendant | Summer 2013
Handled customer relations in an effective way
Followed ship duties under a limited time frame
Ensured safety of ship and passengers
A large part of my past volunteer experience has been based around coaching field hockey; however, I have recently made an effort to contribute to organizations that I am passionate about. Not-for-Profits such as the MS Society and Surfriders, which I have recently been involved with, fulfill my needs for gaining experience in the industry, as well as being apart of like-minded communities.
Surfrider Vancouver Island Youth Task Force Leader | Summer 2015
- Workshop Leader
- Water sampling
- Building community within schools and youth groups
Surfrider Vancouver Island Beach Clean-up Crew | 2014-2015
MS Society Special Event Volunteer | 2014-2015
- Embrace the Race
- Race for a Cure
Burnside Gorge Community Center Graffiti Removal Team | 2013
Raise a Reader and Times Colonist Book Drive volunteer | 2010-2012
Mark R. Isfeld Rotary Interact Club member | 2009-2010
Member of Sharing the Dream initiative with Michael Furdyk | 2009
Volunteer and Ambassador | 2010-2014
- Thundersquad poster making station on game days
- Varsity Council event planner
- Varsity Pancake Breakfast Fundraiser volunteer
- Vikes Thunder days volunteer
Field Hockey Coaching
Rising Stars Field Hockey coach | 2010-2014
Victoria Junior Field Hockey League coach | 2013-2014
Field Hockey BC coach | 2014
Comox Valley Junior League coach | 2011
Advanced Wilderness & Remote First Aid CPR/AED Level C (expires 2017)
Outdoor Council of Canada Leadership Level 1 (Hiking)
Paddle Canada Lake Canoe Certificate
PADI Open Water Scuba Certificate
Safe boat Operator License
Adventure Smart Facilitator for Hug a Tree and Snow Smart
Childcare and Youth Work
Class 4 Unrestricted Drivers Licence
Children’s Grief and Loss Training
Children’s Nutrition Training
Varsity Field Hockey
Recipient of Varsity Highlight Award 2013
Member of Varsity Council 2012-2014